Product Detailed Description
Phase 5 Daniel Hammerhead Wakesurfer
The Hammerhead is Drew's brainchild. Starting with a square nose and ending with a square tail, this board doesn't care which end is in front. The squared nose allows it to stay stable and fast when riding revert. Wrapped with our Gatorskin technology, the tail shape keeps you turning off your back foot like a traditional surf board. With the Hammerhead, a little luck and a lot of practice you might be able to ride like Drew. The Hammerhead is super fast and very responsive. It also holds a line on the wave with little slip. Built with the Phase 5 GatorSkin Tough Carbon/Aramid Glass. Good for beginner to advanced riders.
The Chopped off stub nose serves a couple purposes:
1. A heavier guy can ride a smaller board. The 50" hammerhead rides like a 54" board.
2. Riding Revert. When you land a trick with the board backwards, the wider nose offers more surface area, in turn making it ride a lot higher and faster when revert than other skim style boards
Hammerhead Details :
- Gator Skin Super tough Carbon/Amarid construction
- Danielo square nose & tail skim design - rides switch extremely well
- High performance shape for the everyday rider
- Phase 5 performance stomp pads
- Hand made in the USA!
Watch Drew chat up his board: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PNrY_V2S-w&t=2s
Guideline Size chart:
50" x 20.25' x .75" (up to 175 lbs)
53" x 20.25' x .75" (up to 200 lbs)
55" x 20.75' x .75" (up to 225 lbs)
Please note: Wakesurf length choice is based on a combination of 3 key factors, rider weight, and wake size and rider skill level. Give us a call or an e-mail if you'd like some advice on which length will be the best choice for your needs.